A pookie is a baby on Club Penguin. Pookies are often seen in the Pet Shop saying things like "Pwease Pick Mwe!" and acting 'cute'. Pookies wear the color yellow. They often say catchphrases, to get picked/adopted. Pookies need attention and, more importantly, care from Duh Duhs and Mumus.
Some pookies are naughty, always wanting something or to be the center of attention at all times. These are called Diva Pookies. Most pookies, however, are pretty nice. Pookies are usually found on servers with 5 bars, therefore the most popular pookie server on Club Penguin Rewritten (where most pookies migrated after Club Penguin shut down) is Blizzard. Most pookies wear items like the Bee Antennae and the Tiara. For more information on clothes they wear, see Pookie Clothes
Many pookies have different personalities. Most pookies are nice, though its easy to find mean ones.
A rare type of pookie that is not commonly seen in the pet shop. Gothic pookies act introverted, "depressed", and like they're misunderstood. Some people think gothic pookies are trolls.
Diva Pookies are basically pookies that are very picky, rude, and attention-seeking. For example, many Diva Pookies say, "Mo!" to non-members, dudus, and mumus lacking rare items. They often insult other pookies. If things like your clothing, your igloo, or your mumu catchphrases aren't good or "detailed" enough, they'll often insult you, leave, and go back to the pet shop to find a more "detailed" mumu.
Teen pookies, sometimes referred to as hyper pookies, are people who dress like pookies but don't use the pookie catchphrases and usually don't want to be adopted. They often use the phrases "XD" and "LOL" and they often act very random.
Nookies are a type of pookie that are smart and geeky. They are basically your stereotypical nerd but as a pookie. These are not very common. Most of them do not speak Pookie Slang and are often interested in things "normal" pookies aren't interested in, like math.
These pookies like to develop magical powers in the middle of an rp, like becoming a mermaid or a vampire.
Not everyone loves pookies. Some penguins hate pookies, and most of them express their hate by abusing, being rude to them, annoying them, and/or participating in Pookie Protests. These penguins are known as Pookie Haters.
Pookie Protests are when people protest against pookies. They generally take place in the Pet Shop or the Town, and generally consist of a small group of people shouting "BAN POOKIES" or "POOKIES REPLACED THE PUFFLES". Pookies usually just ignore people protesting against pookies, although some pookies report pookie protestors, and some even fight back.
Why haters may hate pookies
- They hate them for no reason
- They think people who pookie rp do it for a messed-up reason and that pookie rp is disgusting
- Their friends or someone they look up to hates pookies
- They think pookies replaced the puffles or make it so they can't even enter the pet shop
- A pookie or group of pookies teased/harassed/bullied them and they want revenge
- They enjoy trolling them and making them angry
- They think they decrease the quality of Club Penguin
- They think they are annoying.
- Pookies often talk in a babyish language. They add a lot of W's into their words. For example, "Hello" is "Wewo/Hewwo/Wello" in pookie talk. However most newborns do not talk.
- They often wear pre-school esque clothes. You can see a list of what Pookies wear here.
- One way pookies get attention is by clinging to one of the rich mumus so they get noticed and picked. Usually this method is only employed by divas.
- Sometimes, divas will report people who don't adopt them or who say there's no more room in the fam fam. Many pookies will ignore or report trolls, people who come up to them and abuse them, pookie protestors or "followers", or penguins that go to their Mumu or Duh Duh's igloo without being asked.
- Some pookies will refuse to go with any mumu. They are dubbed as "divas" and are very picky as to what their mumus look like. They usually prefer mumus with rare pretty and rich clothing and a complete membership badge.
- Some pookies might reveal to have "secrets" when they are adopted, such as being half-mermaid, or being some kind of monster.